Cost Readiness Checklist
This checklist will help you identify some of the key costs associated with adopting and maintaining an evidence-based program.
Sources of potential funding
- Private Foundation grants (e.g. Archstone Foundation, Health Foundation of South Florida)
- Government grants (e.g. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Administration for Community Living)
- Community grants
- Sponsorships from local businesses
- Donations from participants or registration fees
- Medicare or Medicaid reimbursement (for some qualified programs)
- Health plans
- Community service funds held by every hospital
Sustaining programs beyond initial funding
Securing funding to start an evidence-based program is only the beginning. Long-term sustainability requires planning and judicious use of resources. This document from NCOA will provide some guidance for setting up your long-range financial goals (please note this new contact email for more information: email@example.com), and this video, also from NCOA, shares some ideas for diversifying your funding sources.
Advocating for funding